Re: Stepper Motor doesn't do anything...

Burton

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 07:09 PM, Mike Ahner wrote:

I would very carefully check thru all of your wiring, it seems that somewhere there is a poor/wrong/shorted connection and you're getting max power to the drivers. That's why they get so hot so quickly. Check the config.h file and be sure you're setting the TMC5160s correctly.

I checked the pcb and couldn't find any visible connections that were touching each other, but I am going through with my multimeter in continuity mode and found that on the ESP32-S that pins p5 and p18 are connected... I looked on the pcb diagram on EasyEDA and they both go to the stepper drivers. Could you verify that these pins shouldn't have continuity? It is on the actual ESP32, not on the board.

I'm still searching to see if there's any other things that could be the culprit.