Re: Stepper Motor doesn't do anything...

Burton

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM, Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️ wrote:

Looks OK to me. Just some suggestions. These are just to match my known working MaxESP with BigTreeTech TMC5160 v1.2.

TRACK_AUTOSTART               ON
SLEW_RATE_BASE_DESIRED        3.0
SLEW_RATE_MEMORY              ON
MFLIP_SKIP_HOME               ON
STEP_WAVE_FORM             PULSE

These are not essential, just trying to keep the comparison equal. If you have some unaltered TMC5160's use them ( I thought you said you had some?). If you get the same results I would suspect motor wiring order at this point. I think Dave did a "how to" in this thread or another not to long ago. This seems to be the next step in your troubleshooting. Best to do this with the motors on the bench .

I changed those settings in the config file and now the motor spins a little faster which is to be expected, but otherwise, it shuts off a little sooner and the driver still overheats and won't respond without a hard power reset.