Re: Adding OnStep to a Cave Model A mount

rpasken

Thanks for the suggestions. The RA stepper turns as it should when not connected to the mount and I can easily turn the 10tooth gear with my fingers to move, albeit slowly the RA axis. I don't have a scope or counter weights attached to the mount at this point. Based on your response I'm guessing the stepper is stalling. Checking the voltage and current is next. I was hoping it was something as simple as the slew rate being to high. TIme to check current and voltage. But given final exams are in a week I won't have time check for a while