Re: recommended board etc.

Martin Chapman

Thanks for the info, John, the ISS thing is just an idea, something to do with the other mount, though, I could always sell it to fund more stuff, I guess.
Cheers.
Mart.

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 4:41 PM John Petterson <j.petterson@...> wrote:

Martin,
The advantages other boards like the S6 would have would mostly show up in slewing speed. I started with MKS based OnStep and now have all FYSETC based devices,  It is faster and the programming is pretty simple.

I recently sold a Celestron 9.25" scope to someone who wanted it to capture the ISS as his other scopes were not doing that job well.  He paid to ship it to the middle east near the Suez Canal, and I have seen the pictures he took with it.  I am not sure how well a standard camera lens is going to fare with that job, it will be interesting to see.