Re: G11 Dual Axis & G8 Single Axis Configration #configuration

George Cushing

Yes, 1/4 looks reasonable. But the Losmandy SAIA steppers are not 400 steps. I think they are 24 step, 15° angle and the gear head reduction is 120:1. They were made in India.

Then there's the power issue, 83 Ohms means what, 150mA?

Direct drive with 400 0.9° step angle and 64 µsteps may get you 0.91 arc-seconds a second resolution. But the same motor with a 3:1 GR1 and 32 µstep is 0.39 arc-seconds a second resolution. I'd work on getting some belt and pulley set up figured out.