Filter Wheel Support

Many of the OnStep configurations have provisions for an image derotator for use on alt-az mounts, for which I wonder how many people actually use.  For me, filter wheel support is way more useful than an image rotator.  I am in the process of fitting a manual filter wheel with a stepper motor which will be driven by a separate Arduino-based controller from a design I found on the internet.  However, it would be nice if I could use the OnStep rotator channel for that purpose instead--thus avoiding another Arduino circuit board I have to hang on my rig.  Is such a configuration possible inside the OnStep platform?