Re: hello everyone, i have a new question. If I install a powerful servo motor with encoder instead of stepper motor, will the system work? #mount

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 04:13 PM, sami wrote:
If I install a powerful servo motor with encoder instead of stepper motor, will the system work?
In general, OnStep is desgined for stepper motors, in an open loop design (i.e. no feed back from an encoder).

However, there are some specialized stepper drivers that are able to drive servo motors.
They are driven by Pulse and Dir pins, and therefore can be driven from OnStep controllers, with some rewiring.
Pulse is the same as Step in stepper motors.

Example

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392270382709