Re: Occasional error in guide speed - massive overcorrections

GuitsBoy

While you're here, Howard, I was wondering if you might have any idea about a couple of things.

I know you don't use APT, but it seems I cannot use a slew rate slower than 2x sidereal, or 0.00835654 degrees/sec.  Anything lower than this results in an error.  I notice that the ASCOM device hub, under capabilities, it shows primary and secondary axis rates as .00833 - 2.00000.  Perhaps this is connected to the reason APT cant move slower than 2x?  Any way to adjust this?  I don't see anything obvious in the driver.  I assume this is a slew rate limitation and not a pulse guide rate limit, since I can manually pulse guide in PHD2 at 0.5x just fine.  However, confusingly, this seems to be what changes the pulse guide rate resulting in my wild overshoots while guiding.  I'm scratching my head trying to make sense of it.

Also, a quick side question that doesn't warrant it's own thread.  Is there any way to issue a Find/Home command or a Home/Reset command from ASCOM (device hub, poth, or any clients using the ASCOM driver)?

Thanks for any insights,
-Tony

On 5/27/2021 10:37 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep this interaction in mind.