Re: Occasional error in guide speed - massive overcorrections

Khalid Baheyeldin

OnStep has a specific behaviour that people should keep in mind.
If you set the guide speed to anything less than 1X (i.e. 0.5X or 0.25X), it stays at what you selected.
But if you go and select 1X for any other reason, then 1X overrides 0.5X or 0.25X.

So mentally, I have to remember this, and do one of two workarounds:
- Never use 1X for any reason. That way the 0.5X I used for guiding 'sticks'.
- If I use 1X for whatever reason, then I go again and manually change the guiding speed to 0.5X again.