Re: Occasional error in guide speed - massive overcorrections

GuitsBoy

I was under the assumption that any guide speed was retained, be it .25x .5x or 1x.   I use .5x for guiding, but its quite possible that somethings was slewing at 1x.   However, the PHD over-corrections appear to be guiding at something like 4x or 8x, while the calibration was expecting 0.5x.  It does not appear to simply be double.  But I'll certainly keep this in mind.  Thanks.

On 5/27/2021 2:26 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
OnStep has a specific behaviour that people should keep in mind.
If you set the guide speed to anything less than 1X (i.e. 0.5X or 0.25X), it stays at what you selected.
But if you go and select 1X for any other reason, then 1X overrides 0.5X or 0.25X.

So mentally, I have to remember this, and do one of two workarounds:
- Never use 1X for any reason. That way the 0.5X I used for guiding 'sticks'.
- If I use 1X for whatever reason, then I go again and manually change the guiding speed to 0.5X again.