Re: Occasional error in guide speed - massive overcorrections

Howard Dutton

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 01:51 PM, GuitsBoy wrote:
Unfortunately I'm not sure how to test this other than under the stars, and no good weather on the horizon.
I guess you could issue commands like this from the Arduino Serial Monitor:

Start tracking...
:Te#

Set rate 2 which is 1x sidereal then guide east for 2 seconds, RA axis (normally moving at 1x) should then stop for 2 seconds...
:R2#
:Mge2000#

Set axis1 custom guide rate to 2.0 degrees/second, then move east, then stop...
:RA2.0#
:Me#
:Q#

Without the new code the following should result in 2 seconds of rapid motion, with the new code it should act as before stopping tracking...
:Mge2000#