Re: WEMOS Module

Dave Schwartz

Its good to know that your home router's access point is using the 192.168.50 subnet. That makes the 192.168.50.55 that the SWS got from it on the guest network make total sense.

I'm pretty sure guest networks use addressing from the same subnet as the main access point (at least on my router there's no place to define a different subnet for guest networks). It just treats them differently - not allowing them to route to other stations on the subnet but only out to the internet. That's a security thing so that you can give a guest internet access and, even though they may not try to access your other home devices maliciously, their possibly infected device can try but won't succeed in compromising your home network.