Re: Onstep First testing question #EQ5

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 01:24 AM, Hemendra Rawat wrote:
Both my Stepper drivers have R220 written on both the resistors.
Let us do the math.

Your motors are maximum 0.9A current.
We want to run them at 50% (to start with).

So 0.9 X 1.41 X 0.5 = 0.635A

The LV8729 Vref formula is:

0.635 / 1.1 = 0.577 V

So you need to set your vref to 0.577 V

Then, change the following in your Config.h file:

#define STEP_WAVE_FORM             PULSE // allows faster pulsing during slewing (60% more)

Then disable the different microstepping in case that is stalling (see below).

#define AXIS1_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS_GOTO  OFF
#define AXIS2_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS_GOTO  OFF

Here is the link to the video of my mount in action.

I can make another one if details aren't very clear.
In your video the mount overshoots, not undershoots. Because after the second star, it is pointing
below the horizon. So not sure what is going on.

I do hear some whining noise mid slewing, but it is not really high, and I don't see the mount stopping.
But to rule out the different microstepping causing a stall, do the above changes, and try again.

Test and see if things are better.