Re: Mount type inactive in android app

Howard Dutton

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 09:55 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
There is no mount type there. Maybe you have to wait for OnStepX?

So, this is a question for Howard.
Version 5.x "master branch" should be considered abandoned, and yes OnStepX will have the feature and it'll work the same way.

I'm not going back and working on 5.x, so it is what it is.  Working or not.  I see nothing wrong with the mechanism to change mount type in the command processing code or Android App though.

You must have OnStep runtime settings enabled (SWS Config page) then the :GXEM# command returns the mount type instead of "0".  We don't want the default being to remember the mount type & axis settings then have users uploading Config.h changes only for certain items to be ignored.

As for the App it wants version 5.01 or later and must see something other than "0" as a response from that command to show the current mount type selection, otherwise it disables the control.