Re: Onstep Goto Accuracy

Hemendra Rawat

I have connected motors to the worms via GT2 pulleys and timing belts and the reduction ratio is 2.5:1. The OTA is quite heavy at 16.5lbs and the mount is rated for 20lbs. How do I verify if it is skipping steps? Last time I checked the stepper motors after completing alignment, they were not hot at all.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 3:02 PM <johnwashington1978@...> wrote:
How are your motors connected to the worms.... the worm ratio is 144:1 I think on all variants, but the motors / spur gears have come in an array of different choices over the years and it sounds like you've added your own motors.

The other issue maybe payload, it sounds like a hell of a lot of scope for an EQ5, could it be skipping steps?  Are the steppers drivers / steppers burning hot?  I'd imagine you'd want a 4, 5 or 6:1 reduction between the motor and the worm.