Re: Random N / S direction change Onstep Android app.

Chad Gray

I also questioned this.  The N/S gets flipped depending on how close you are to Polaris.  I think there is an explanation on the FAQ.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 11:16 AM adraasch <araasch@...> wrote:
How close to the pole are you when you make these moves?

Arlen

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 11:07 AM Dahle <dahle@...> wrote:
‌Hello,
I just saw when using the Onstep app on Android (tablet) that the N / S direction was random.
Let me explain: I press the N key, the telescope goes south. I press the S key, the telescope goes south, I press the N key again, the telescope goes north. After all is back to normal. The case is random and does not always do.
Sometimes it is enough to press the E / W keys (which have no problem) for this to happen again.

Any ideas?

Thank you!