Re: How do I confirm that RA tracks the sky properly and is not fast/slow? And how do I tune it?

Sam

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 04:30 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
This is all good info, but before the original posted definitively concluding that polar alignment is where his problem is, we need to rule out a mismatch between the mechanical and firmware parameters.

For example, if the steps per degree (based on GR1, GR2, motor steps, microsteps) are different from what the gear reductions do, there will be some offset.
I attached my config.h. I followed the spread sheet as much as possible (144t RA and DEC on Vixen GP, 48t attached to worm, 16t attached to motor, 1.50 desired base slew rate.)