Re: How do I confirm that RA tracks the sky properly and is not fast/slow? And how do I tune it?

Sam

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 02:28 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
Another guess: are you sure that your tracking rate is Sidereal or Refraction?
Sometimes a person will set it to Lunar, then forget to set it back. Or sometimes
adjust the tracking rate by the +/- buttons and forget to reset it back.

As a default, should it be sidereal or refraction?
I haven't fiddled with either the Lunar, or +/- buttons. I just do 2 star alignment and synced to a star.

I'll do the 3 star alignment later, clouds allowing, as it is currently 0500 in the morning where I am in.