Re: MKS GEN-L V2.1 + TMC5160 = strange behaviour #mks #mount

Vroobel

Thank you for your reply. There is no rush, I can work with the MKS.

At this point the DM556 drivers are the best solution for my mount. I tried the TMC5160 with a lower current, but the motors become noisy (rattling) and the OTA doesn't move.

Unfortunately the DM556 drivers don't work in the micro steps mode in GoTo, this value has to be OFF. The motors lose (micro) steps and the GoTo never reaches its goal. They run with full speed only in the beginning of the slew, then slow down.

Yesterday I made a first successful test of astrophotography with PHD2. I still have to learn a lot, but 99 x 60s pictures of the M57 look really good as the first "successful" session. 😁

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Wed, 8 Sep 2021, 14:15 Howard Dutton, <hjd1964@...> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 03:02 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
The S6 is known to work well with the TMC5160. And yes, it supports GPS too, but that only
feeds location and time to OnStep, and not the rest of the Ekos parts.
I would be surprised if a TMC5160 behaved differently in an S6 vs. any other board that supports it.