Re: How to fix current leaking and zapping

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 02:15 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 05:10 PM, Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️ wrote:
I have come across this problem when testing old Stereo equipment on modern (switching power supply) computer equipment. The old Stereos used a isolated floating ground, that is they were isolated by the power transformer. However, when you hooked it up to a computer's switched power supply the ground (over the RCA connectors) could be hot if the plug was put in "backwards". So I would put the plug in one way and the ground would be a ground, the other it would have 70 volts on it.
I noted the same exact thing many years ago, just thought modern stuff had the polarization if it mattered.
Especially for a device like a "smart switch".