Re: New INDI 1.9.2 fixes important bugs ...

Vroobel

Did you mean the first Q/A? It looks different. I use an astrometry via a guider (presently I use the Nex-6 as a main camera, it's not talking over the USB), so the Kstars-Ekos should know where it is aimed. It's not related with the Dec axis only which I would understand, as the rotation in Dec behave expectedly around the NCP using buttons. Even if the OTA is not aimed exactly at the NCP, but somewhere close to it, why the mount doesn't go the shortest way down, including a small rotation in the Ra axis? It prefers to rotate nearly 180* in the Ra and i.e. 120* in the Dec instead of relevantly several degrees in the Ra and 46* in the Dec. That's not obvious for me.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 11:20 Chad Gray, <rchadgray@...> wrote:
Check the faq on that one.  Sounds like the expected behavior around the NCP.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 3:28 AM Vroobel <tomasz.kruk.uk@...> wrote:
Hi,

I found several times another strange behaviour of my EQ fork mount. The mount is at the home position, aimed somehow near the NCP. I selected any point below the NCP, that means it's somewhere in the North direction, several degrees over the horizon. When I choose the GoTo, the fork makes strange revolution around the Ra axis and the OTA do same backwards or upwards, instead of going just down. It doesn't make sense for me. Can it be caused by the issue of the v1.9.1? I unchecked every box related with the meridian flip which I found as the fork mount doesn't need it. Am I right?

Best regards,
Tomasz Kruk

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, 19:03 Khalid Baheyeldin, <kbahey@...> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Chad Gray wrote:
I did an "apt update" on my Raspberry Pi and the repository has not been updated yet.
The repo that I use, which is like so for 18.04 (bionic)

Here is what is in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mutlaqja-ppa.list:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mutlaqja/ppa/ubuntu bionic main