Re: Completed CGE Pro Conversion

Stephen J McIntyre

Tom,
   the belts i used are 6mm GT2. The NEMA-17motors i have have 5mm shafts. I think this is standard for NEMA-17. It's the shaft on the Celestron worm gear that is 6mm in diameter. I bought the 5mm bore and 6mm bore pulleys separately rather as a kit - so yes each drive train uses pulleys of different bores to match the respective drive shaft. I am not an expert on timing belts but i did a quick search found pulleys for a 10mm wide belt (11mm gear width) and 5mm or 8mm bore on at AliExpress. So they exist. As for the 6mm bore 60-tooth pulley i needed, that seems to be a rare item.