Re: Slew speed weirdness

Martin Chapman

Hi Khalid, 4oo step motors, max current 1.68 A
I have attached a config file that I tried yesterday.
What baffles me is that I can do a star alignment at 1 deg/sec, and no higher, once the star alignment is done, I can push the slew up to it's max of 4 deg/sec and it works fine, makes no sense to me, that bit.
I do remember that when I first had this problem, I touched the dec motor to see if it was working and it was too hot to touch, haven't had this problem since. I have swapped the leads over and then the problem shifts to the RA axis, which is what lead me to suspect the driver.
Take care and stay safe.
Mart.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 4:48 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kbahey@...> wrote:
Looks like your suspect driver works well with low speeds.
That tells me it is not damaged.

Let us have some specifics.

What are the motors you are using?
Are they 1.8 (200 step) or 0.9 degrees (400 steps per rotation)?
What is their max current rating?
Did you use a different microstepping for GOTOs? That is one way of speeding up slewing.

Attach the config file that you used last.