Re: Slew speed weirdness

Martin Chapman

Hi Eric, just the Dec playing up, yes, I swapped the leads over and the problem followed onto the RA, which is why I suspected the driver.
What baffles me is that I can do a star alignment at 1 deg/sec, and no higher, once the star alignment is done, I can push the slew up to it's max of 4 deg/sec and it works fine!

Take care and stay safe.
Mart.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 5:15 PM Eric Esch <ericesch85@...> wrote:

It may also be prudent to voltage drop / ohm test the wiring from driver to motors, and possibly power supply to make sure we aren’t having any issues there. Also, are both axis suffering from reduced slew speed or just a single axis? If both are suffering, I doubt it is a driver issue and more then likely a software, or power supply issue.

if you believe it to be a driver issue, swap the position of the drivers and see if the reduced speed follows the “suspect” driver.

Also remember that electrical Gremlins generally live in the grounds. Ie a bad ground can cause some really weird crap to happen in seemingly unrelated parks of the system.