Re: Syncing/Align Fundamental Question....

Martin Bonfiore

Thanks Khalid.  Interesting…. So if I understand that seems to imply there is no way to use plate solving with onstep to do an alignment I.e. build the model.  Is that correct?

 I guess I could do plate solve based syncs on let’s say three stars that I can then subsequently use to do a real align??

Basically it would seem to be nice to do an align using plate solving so that you don’t have to hunt around to center the alignment targets.

Or maybe the alternative is to roughly align and then do a goto to the object of interest then plate solve and do a final sync to the object of interest and forget about refining the model….hop close to object, plate solve, then goto to object.  Am I missing something?