Re: Syncing/Align Fundamental Question....

Martin Bonfiore

Khalid,

Thanks for the additonal detail and explanation.  The mention of Taki brings back memories of my first foray into astronomy a few decades ago.  I had an HP 41C programmable hand held (sort of hand held) calculator running a Taki algorithm that I used to generate alt/az coordinates for my manual setting circles on my homemade dob mount.  Cumbersome as all get out but seemed like magic back then.

Off to put Stellarium on the shelf and climb another learning curve with Kstars/Ekos.  With my growing appreciation of plate solving and guiding and then add on imaging software, better integation of the work flow seems well worth the learning effort  and having less "pretty" planetarium views.