Re: "Plate solving"?

Have you considered NINA  or APT for your alignment needs?  I don't use it, myself, but NINA has a polar alignment capability that allows you to adjust the mount to achieve polar alignment using plate solving with the astrocamera.  Once the mount is aligned, plate solving will get you telescope pointed anywhere you want.  Same for APT, only I first polar align my mount using the drift alignment feature in PHD2 Guiding.  For that matter, I have never used the n-point alignment feature in OnStep since I am only set up for astrophotography.  Cuiv the Lazy Geek has a YouTube video explaining how to polar align with NINA and plate solving.  https://youtu.be/Le5BJcBADA8