Re: Bluepill connecting

kevin

if you just use the onstep  blinky test prog it should end up saying

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Erasing internal memory sectors [0 10]
Download in Progress:

File download complete
Time elapsed during download operation: 00:00:01.604

RUNNING Program ...
  Address:      : 0x8000000
Start operation achieved successfully

there is normally a power led ( red on mine)  on the bluepill and you should get a second LED ( blue on mine)  on for a bit then blink 5 times. this is still with the jumper in prog position bur reset wo'nt make it run again.
power off ( in my case the usb provides the power at the moment) move the jumper back to run position and prog will run on power on or when reset button is pressed.

in the case of the memory test nothing will happen at the end of programing.
power off change jumper power on and open the Arduino IDE serial monitor. Note the prog by default is 9600 baud and you can't open the serial monitor until the IDE has found your serial port. So, if like me, you power the test board from the serial adapter, it may have finished by the ime you can get the serial monitor open. thus not seeing the message. a press of the rerset should after a short time give you for the 64k test
Checking across 40000 bytes of memory...
Success