Re: New SHC Board design

John Scherer

Nothing terribly fancy Drew, I’m using the Anycubic Photon Mono which does a great job for the most part. If you have additional funds, get the matching Anycubic Wash & Cure station. It really makes the entire process much much more convenient.  I can’t stress this enough.  The process of removing the print plate from the printer, washing the parts, removing the parts and curing them all by hand is messy and sometime I just wouldn’t use it for this reason.  The wash & Cute station really goes a long way to making the process less messy and more enjoyable

Other points worth noting:

1) many of the resins are quite smelly.  Some don’t bother me, others give me headache within a few minutes, so make SURE you have lots ventilation.

2) lots of nitrile gloves

3) like other types of 3d printing it can be fiddely. The most critical thing here is the exposure times for the first few layers.  But there is enough information out there for the Anycubic printers that it’s easy to figure out.

4) there are lots of resins out there, most all of them will work, though some are more stringent with regards to setting.   Don’t be scared to try other brands.

5) Buy distilled denatured alcohol by the gallon

6) try some of the water washable resins. They work well from my experienced but if your wash/Cure station is full of alcohol, it kind of defeated the purpose, most resins are not water washable.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have other questions.