Re: Hardware point to force Park MaxPCB2

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 05:15 PM, Pete wrote:
I like Kubuntu...
I liked it too. It was my main desktop for almost a decade. Then they started hiding things, which beats the whole idea of KDE being customizable. I switched to Xubuntu (XFCE4) and never looked back. Typing this form my Xubuntu laptop.

Not saying you should do it too, only saying: try it out, it is simpler and lighter.

I am also playing booting with KStars on a Pi4/8GB from a 1TB SSD.  It is usable but a little laggy.  In this scenario the Windows PC will be just a virtual and remote desktop via RealVNC.
That is how I thought it would be.

It is unfortunate that Astroberry (and its relatives) are always buggy, unlike how KStars/Ekos/INDI is on Intel/AMD.

When using INDI, then Ekos becomes a no-brainer, since it is the perfect match.

Another way to do it is use SkyChart and CCDciel (image sequence manager) interfacing to only INDI on the Pi4.
A few users are using OnStep with INDI, SkyChart and CCDciel.