Re: PCB mounting holes

Chad Gray

Yeah I got about the same feedback and information from my searches.

I decided to just pick 10mm spacing then I made standoffs that can swivel to span the in-between areas.

THanks for your input Dave!  I appreciate it!

image.png

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 5:48 PM davel <dave@...> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 05:27 PM, Chad Gray wrote: A Google search for the phrase: "standard spacing for the mounting holes on PCB" yielded this: https://www.google.com/search?q=standard+spacing+for+the+mounting+holes+on+PCB&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 (which of course you probably already did.) But I did get some useful info: https://www.onsemi.cn/pub/collateral/and9867-d.pdf which is a manual for mounting Onsemi's power modules. My bet is there's no absolute standard. I did try: "ieee standard spacing mounting holes on PCBs" and got some references, but nothing like a standard. It seems a lot of electronic devices use metric measurements in their physical mounting, so I would stick with the metric system for conformance.