Re: My 2nd Onstep - harmonic driven :)

smith_barry

Hi, I would be interested in hearing out how the harmonic drives have worked out for you.  Particularly if you have have been using it for astro photography.  I have been building a large version for quite a few years now but finally thinking of using onstep to drive it.  My original plan was to use Scitech but I am now using that on another mount and wanted a cheaper and more open source option.   Over the years I have also been picking up harmonic drives so I might also make a much smaller version if things work out.