Re: DIY One Piece Wormblock for Losmandy GM8/G11

smith_barry

One thing I found out when doing a conversion on my G11 (Pittman DC servo and Ovision worm/block and Scitech II controller) was that you can replace the 1/4" plate the worm block mounts to, with a thicker version.  I went up to a 10mm thick plate using water jet cut Al plate and once you machine the kerf square it produces a more solid mounting plate for the motor bracket.  Not sure if you can do this on the G8.   I have the cad file if it's of use to anyone.
Barry