Re: PEC bench test

smith_barry

Unfortunately you probably need an accurate and precise encoder to tell you where the scope alt axis is.  I used the following setup with a different driver but shows you the type of plot you can generate whilst as home in cloudy weather.  The data is for a Losmandy G11 with std worm on alt axis set to rotate at a theoretical rate of 15 ArcSeconds/S  with a balanced 100mm refractor.  The encoders used were both sin/cos with interpolation factors set to give around 6million pulses per rev (all found on ebay) Heidenhain (image 6194) and Cannon (5987).  How useful such a setup is to tuning a mount remains to be seen as due to work commitments I never got to compare against a more optimised system and more importantly the real world.
Barry