Re: Started new OnStep hardware design

John Petterson

One issue I see is that these external drivers do not allow changing the microstep rate dynamically for slewing vs tracking, so your slew rate will be limited.  I looked at them a year ago when I was starting to build my controllers, but decided against them quickly for that reason.  They may handle higher speeds better because of the higher current ratings, but  it is still a risk.

For A/P it may not be an issue, but for a visual scope that does not spend hours on one target it could get to be a pain.

John