Re: Connecting pwr ground to positive

George Cushing

The op amp is part of what my diagram calls battery charging circuit. It's a LM321 low power single op amp. The TI part is marked A63A and is what my "WeMOS" D1 R32s uses. The M7s are Zener diodes.

Not sure why a charging circuit is provided as the battery shown on the circuit diagram isn't present. The TI datasheet says, "The input common mode range includes ground and therefore the device is able to operate in single supply applications as well as in dual supply applications. It is also capable of comfortably driving large capacitive loads."

So maybe it's helping deal with some of the 3 power levels present on the circuit?