trying to configure steps accurately, need some advice

skyguynca

Is there a way to tell onstep to give me x number of steps?
I am trying to configure my steppers and worm gear box. it is an 80:1
When i put the info in the configure spreadsheet and then inter it into the config generator
what i get isn't right. I put in a target that should be less than 360 degrees on the axis,what I get as output
is 5 or 6 full 360 degree rotations on the gearbox.

If I can give specific x number of step commands then I can adjust the rotation degrees to suit.

Thanks
David Mikesell
San Jose, CA