Re: SHC WiFi still looking for OnStep

Glenn Sammes

Same here,

Be patient. After the splash screen…

Display shows Starting WIFI: ONSTEP…Restart WIFI: Failed

This loop repeats for me at around 10 second intervals.

Then ….after 1-3 minutes or so you get… connecting 192.168.0.1   Looking for OnStep    connection O.K.

All is good from there.

Black pill STM32F303CC and ESP32 WR00M-32s as the wSHC. Latest firmware on all.

OnStep great on Bl(ack)(ue) pill.

I am still puzzled as to why the connection takes so long?

Proximity makes no difference. I can have the wSHC 1 meter or 20 meters away from the “Pill / scope”.

Stellarium and SWS from the lappy are instant. Android app takes a couple of seconds to connect.

I have breadboarded 2 examples of wSHC and the behaviour is identical.

The boot state of the “blue pill” makes no difference. Freshly booted or just repeat connection attempts act the same.

I expect the wSHC to connect within a couple of seconds. The variable “minutes” wait time renders it not of much use

Over using the laptop or the simple hand controller.

PUZZLED as to why? You bet I am!

Regards,

Glenn.