Re: ESP32 annoying problem, hit and miss serial port connection when plugged it MaxESP32 board.

Peter Boreland

Chris,

It does not seem to matter. The problem seems to exist even if the controller is not plugged in. The enable button (RST) has to be pressed before the serial port will connect. I guess this resets the controller and it starts working correctly. I'm wondering if this is just a bad batch. There is a pin labeled EN which I understand to be RST, and if pulled to ground does the same thing as pushing the EN(RST) button. Maybe the answer is to add an external switch?

Peter