Slew Speed

dougthomas408-1@yahoo.com

Hi all,

I just got my setup working and I'm wondering if there is a way to increase the slew speed. I have increased the rate from 2 up to 8 on the config.h file, but the motor only seems to rotate about 1 or 2 rotations per second. I am not certain, but would expect the motor to be capable of higher speeds. I also increased the acceleration distance up to 15 degrees on config.h file, thinking it might help, but the speed seems to remain the same. Is there something that I am missing here? Any insight would be appreciated.

My setup:
Motors: Nema 17 Stepper Motor 1.5A 12V 45Ncm (63.74oz.in) 4-Lead. 1.8 degree
Board: WeMos R32 with CNC V3 Shield
Stepper driver: LV8729 4-layer PCB Driver, max driver current of 1.8A
Power supply: 12 volts
Gear ratio 1 (GR1): 3:1 belt drive
Gear ratio 2 (GR2): RA 144/1, Dec 120/1
Microsteps: 1/128