Re: Setting the tracking rate

Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 04:31 AM, Merowinger wrote:

I found the buttons to adjust the tracking rate, I tested it, but rate did not change, the rate is always 60.164 Hz in sidereal.
There is a common misperception as to what the buttons do and what the tracking rate is showing. The tracking rate is reporting the requested tracking rate. The heavens move at 60.164 Hz, change it to Lunar, and it will report the 57.xxx (I don't remember the exact number) rate requested to track the moon.

The tracking rate buttons adjust the master clock to correct for errors in the board clock. Some MCU's have inaccurate clocks, some do not.  The STM32 is not bad (ASIK) and should not require adjustment. PPS will improve the accuracy to as good as you can get.

If you are experiencing drift, look at the stepper math first. A one-step error can generate a huge amount of drift.