Re: TMC5160 substitute?

Robert Benward

Edited

Agreed.

My point is the "chip" alone can drive 3.5A, and the board below has the Mosfets.  The pins seem to be pass through, from pin to header and to pin again, so I am curious as to how the pins are separated or "broken out" when you stack them.  The headers and pins are directly over each other so I would like to know how they are doing it.

Also, I can't seem to find any technical info on the driver board, no current specs, nothing.  So, what is it you are buying?  They are also not longer available on AliExpress.
Also, from Trinamic's website:

TMC5161

This product is no longer available
Looks like you are buying into another obsolete product.

Bob