Re: Setting the tracking rate

Merowinger

Thanx Drew for the answer, I activated PPS and I will continue setting up my system :-)

Next thing I learned is that the RA-motor is running wrong direction :-) I had to configure to invers. The DE-motor seems to be ok :-) (I did not understand in the moment, why only one of the motors must be inverted, both are wired identically, but ok, I will see if guiding works.)

Am 14.05.2022 um 15:55 schrieb Drew 🔭📷🚴 ♂:

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 04:31 AM, Merowinger wrote:

I found the buttons to adjust the tracking rate, I tested it, but rate did not change, the rate is always 60.164 Hz in sidereal.
There is a common misperception as to what the buttons do and what the tracking rate is showing. The tracking rate is reporting the requested tracking rate. The heavens move at 60.164 Hz, change it to Lunar, and it will report the 57.xxx (I don't remember the exact number) rate requested to track the moon.

The tracking rate buttons adjust the master clock to correct for errors in the board clock. Some MCU's have inaccurate clocks, some do not.  The STM32 is not bad (ASIK) and should not require adjustment. PPS will improve the accuracy to as good as you can get.

If you are experiencing drift, look at the stepper math first. A one-step error can generate a huge amount of drift.