Re: MKS S_Gen L V2.0 32bit Board with TMC2209

Absolutely.  That was my first build - MKS v2.0 with TMC2209.  Only issue is that you have to run them in fixed microstep mode by setting the jumpers underneath the drivers.  See my construction guide HERE:

Now, Howard has programmed OnStepX to use TMC2209 in UART mode.  Some have tested it, but you will have to go into the developer's forum...read the first article in the forum ARTICLE.

Of course you use the TMC2130s or TMC5160s in SPI and change the micro-step mode and current via software.