Re: Initial OnstepX download error

Robert Benward

Howard,
Things have changed in OnStepX and that pinmap file isn't going to work.

I see only two changes from the MaxESP3 pinmap AUX3 and AUX4 are on different pins.

I guess you are looking to change the home sense pins for Axis1 and Axis2.

If so it's better to just use the MaxESP3 pinmap and add the following lines to Config.h:
#define AXIS1_SENSE_HOME_PIN 8
#define AXIS2_SENSE_HOME_PIN 7
Now I see part of my errors.  My pinmap was based on the 4.24C MaxESP3 pinmap.  The OnstepX pinmap is different.  They had the same file name, I assumed incorrectly they were the same.   It explains why when I enabled serial port B, I got this error:

In file included from V:\OnStepX\src\pinmaps\Models.h:83,
                 from V:\OnStepX\src\Common.h:14,
                 from V:\OnStepX\OnStepX.ino:50:
V:\OnStepX\src\pinmaps\Validate.h:12:4: error: #error "Configuration (Config.h): SERIAL_B isn't defined, SERIAL_B_BAUD_DEFAULT should be OFF."
   #error "Configuration (Config.h): SERIAL_B isn't defined, SERIAL_B_BAUD_DEFAULT should be OFF."
    ^~~~~
I have added a MCP23017 port expander.  In the pinmap, how do I tell SW that the port pin is on another device?  My home pins are on 7&8, but I don't see the directions/instructions to go to the port expander.

Also, when I enabled the ST4 port, I believe these should both be ON.  They are in 4.24C.  If I turn ST4_Interface on, I get the error below:

#define ST4_INTERFACE                 OFF //    OFF, ON enables interface. <= 1X guides unless hand control mode.             Option
                                          //         During goto btn press: aborts slew or continue meridian flip pause home
#define ST4_HAND_CONTROL               ON //     ON, ON for hand controller special features and SHC support.                 Option
                                          //         Hold [E]+[W] btns >2s: Guide rate   [E]-  [W]+  [N] trk on/off [S] sync
                                          //         Hold [N]+[S] btns >2s: Usr cat item [E]-  [W]+  [N] goto [S] snd on/off

V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp: In member function 'void St4::poll()':
V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp:80:13: error: 'SerialST4' was not declared in this scope
             SerialST4.begin();
             ^~~~~~~~~
V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp:80:13: note: suggested alternative: 'Serial2'
             SerialST4.begin();
             ^~~~~~~~~
             Serial2
V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp:86:20: error: 'SerialST4' was not declared in this scope
           char c = SerialST4.poll();
                    ^~~~~~~~~
V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp:86:20: note: suggested alternative: 'Serial2'
           char c = SerialST4.poll();
                    ^~~~~~~~~
                    Serial2
V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp:102:11: error: 'SerialST4' was not declared in this scope
           SerialST4.end();
           ^~~~~~~~~
V:\OnStepX\src\telescope\mount\st4\St4.cpp:102:11: note: suggested alternative: 'Serial2'
           SerialST4.end();
           ^~~~~~~~~
           Serial2

Bob

Join main@onstep.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.