Re: MaxSTM works, but has cyclic noise from stepper

Mike Ahner

Hi Eugene, I wonder if your SPI data is making it to the tmc5160. That would explain high temperatures & perhaps poor performance if microsteps aren't changing because config data isn't getting there.

Please check all solder connections on both the main board and the tmx5160s. Remember we are manufacturing so nothing has ever worked before. Could be a bad solder joint or even a bad part. Perhaps try removing the tmc5160s and install one at a time. Also look for shorts between pins.

Good luck
Mike