Re: Is GUIDE_DISABLE_BACKLASH working on OnStepX?

Mike Ahner

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 11:05 AM, Patrizio Boschi wrote:
" as used for auto-guiding/pulse-guide" - I was expecting to not see backlash compensation when using pulse-guide mode in the SHC.
My understanding is auto-guiding is ST4 connection guiding and pulse guiding is how PHD2 guides, it sends short pulses to move the mount in a specific direction and number of steps or (pulses). I believe it has finer resolution than ST4.

Using the SHC to guide is just manual guiding, not auto or pulse.

-Mike