Re: Vixen GP-DX motorization for Mak 180 #drv8825 #tmc5160 #esp32 #ds3231

Antoine Cesbron

Hi,

Parts are ordered, I buy the controller (TMC5160), but wait for the focuser stepper, I'll manage it in a second time.

I have question about "Soft limits".
As a drawing is easier than long words story, I quickly draw "my balcony" (the EQ mount come from GradCAD) to show you what I plan to do and to show the limits I'm talking about.

(This is 3D PDF, you have to accept to open it.)
On "OnStep_EQ_AZ_Limits_1.pdf" you can see the risk that the ocular touch the balcony if I want to continue turn left.
To continue to turn left, I have to "full rotate" to be safe "OnStep_EQ_AZ_Limits_2.pdf".

Is it possible to set "Soft limits" in a case like mine ?
Two axis positions at a time need to be used to check  limits.
Ex :
If altitude is lower than "X deg", Azimuth can rotate 360 deg (useless but permitted)
When altitude reach "X1 deg", Azimuth rotation is maxi "Y1 deg".
When altitude reach "X2 deg", Azimuth rotation is maxi "Y2 deg".
When altitude reach "X3 deg", Azimuth rotation is maxi "Y3 deg"...

It can permit to avoid ocular hitting the balcony.
The other interrogation is, did OnStep can manage those informations on a Goto request ?

Excited to receive the Teensy to start playing with software !
And excited to take skills in software development, because finally, all my requests are reachable with the right code.
Thanks for your help.