Re: Tracking Accuracy

Khalid Baheyeldin

Attached is Albireo, 960 seconds, last week, with much better polar alignment.

Much better for a 16 minute exposure, unguided of course.

Could the small fluctuations be still there, but not visible because of better polar alignment?

One thing that is different from last week and today is that I wiped the EEPROM on the controller (tried to set park position to Az 270 Alt 0, but scope would still reset to NCP when I do an alignment).

After that reset, I see PEC defaults to ON in KStars (but can't be sure if it was that way before or not).