Re: Tracking Accuracy

Ant No

Khalid

I may be misunderstanding what I'm looking at in the first picture but if the big wave is your periodic error do you know it's period?

This would let you work out the frequency of the small fluctuations which might give you a clue to what's causing them.

Maybe.

Anthony

On 24 Sep 2018 17:54, "Howard Dutton" <hjd1964@...> wrote:
I don't know what's going on there but it's not isolated to just the RA axis and "tracking."

Unguided imaging is unforgiving.  Even if the mount is perfect there can still be no bending or wobble or other movement of the OTA/optics/focuser/camera.  These things need to be stable to in a "beyond human perception" kind of way.  No walking around the scope tripod.  How much of a breeze is ok?  Cables from camera shift.  Etc. Etc. Etc.